Some Florida Counties in our area have issued a voluntary and mandatory evaluations due to Hurricane Idalia.
If you are in need of staying at a shelter, below is a list of shelters open per available county...
- Gadsden County High School (East) (Special Needs and Pets): 27001 Blue Star Highway Havana, FL 32333
- West Gadsden Middle: 200 Providence Rd Quincy, FL 32351
- Hamilton County is under a voluntary evacuation urging residents who live in campers, mobile homes and substandard housing to seek shelter.
- Hamilton County High School: 5683 US-129 Jasper, FL 32052
- Jefferson County PK-12 School: 50 David Rd, Monticello, FL 32344
- Shelter information can be found at www.LeonCountyFL.gov/ei or by calling (850) 606-3700.
- Chiles High School: 7200 Lawton Chiles Ln, Tallahassee, FL 32312
- Lincoln High School: 3838 Trojan Trail, Tallahassee, FL 32311
- Rickards High School: 3013 Jim Lee Rd, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Ft. Braden K-8 School: 15100 Blountstown Hwy, Tallahassee, FL 32310
- Sail High School: 2006 Jackson Bluff Road, Tallahassee, FL 32304
- Godby High School: 1717 W Tharpe Street, Tallahassee FL 32304
- Fairview Middle School: 3415 Zillah Street, Tallahassee FL 32305
- Park Avenue Church:100 E Park Ave, Valdosta, GA 31602
- Taylor County:
- Taylor County authorities announced a mandatory evacuation for all residents. There are no storm shelters available and officials are advising residents to seek shelter in Leon County.
- Suwannee Pineview Elementary School: 1748 Ohio Avenue South Live Oak, FL 32064
- Branford Elementary School: 26801 SR 247 Branford, FL 32008
- Suwannee Springcrest Elementary School: 1419 Walker Street SW Live Oak, FL 32064