I came across this on Reddit and it's actually some really good advice. Some really smart ways to save more money each month:
- Cook for yourself and avoid takeout or restaurants
- Brew your own coffee at home (This is a big one. Starbucks every morning adds up.)
- Put all your loose change in a jar and every three months bring it to the bank and deposit it in savings.
- After paying off a debt, like a car, keep making that "payment" - only deposit it into a savings account.
- Make a list before you go shopping and stick to it.
- Use cash for weekly spending money. It's harder to spend cash than swipe a card, and you’ll likely spend less. (So very true!)